Welcome Anonymous !

Please register or log in to access your forum profile.

Login

Front and Center

malkieriking

Introduce yourself here.

Postby malkieriking » 24 Oct 2009, 23:24

Well just about all of you already know me, so this is less an introduction and more me clarifying a few things.

First off is my name. I know its given SLiDESHOW hell in the past and I've heard enough variations of it to last a lifetime (with more coming I'm sure). Tonight someone in my squad asked what my name was; I think it was one of the PoD guys but there were also =TRR= guys in there and seeing as how all of you read these forums, I figure it will be explained eventually to whoever asked it. Anyway 'malkieriking' has its roots in the book series "Wheel of Time" by Robert Jordan. "Malkier" in those books refers to a kingdom on the edges of what was referred to as the 'Blight' where the Dark One (think something similar to Mordor/Sauron from The Lord of the Rings, but with a lot more rotting vegetation and much uglier creatures) was imprisoned. As a result, the people of Malkier are renowned for their skill in battle as well as being an emblem of resistance to evil. The way to refer to a person from Malkier is to use the adjective Malkieri, which is where I got that part of my name. For those of you wondering about the pronunciation (and this is probably all of you), follow the phonetics below.

mahl-KEER-eee

mahl - pronounced like the word "maul" as in "maul(ed) by a lion".
KEER-pronouce the "ee" like you would in "keel"
eee- pronounce like you would the e in "she"

As far as how I play in 2142, I like to knife and have recently been using the knife as my primary weapon. On the occasions that I do pick up a gun, which tends to be a Zeller or an Assault Rifle, I can give a pretty good account of myself. I also play Battlefield 2 as a sniper and (rarely, as in when I need the points to be promoted) as a medic. As a whole, I have a deep seated hatred for rockets (2142) and frags (Bf2) and don't really care about my stats or rankings. I play to have fun; and if having fun means knifing every single player on the server, friend, foe, or cableguy, then that's what I'm going to do.

See you on the Battlefield!

=SRS= malkieriking
Tai'shar Malkier
malkieriking
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

Location: Random. I teleport every 15 minutes to keep the aliens from triangulating me.

Postby cableguy619 » 24 Oct 2009, 23:26

lol how do you say your name?

And one day I will not pull that damn knife out.. gonna just shoot

cableguy619
Admin
Admin

Postby SecrtSqurl » 25 Oct 2009, 00:53

I was the one that was slaughtering it, and I still cant say it.... lol
SecrtSqurl
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby SLiDESHOW » 25 Oct 2009, 01:16

*Whew!* glad you straightened that up milkyway king! Had me runnin' in circles :P lol
just givin' you a hard time, bwahhhhh :)
SLiDESHOW
Marshall
Marshall

Postby Killer_Nubby » 25 Oct 2009, 07:36

Crap, where's my dictionary :? . Glad you stopped by "king"......(see, that was easy). Thanks for making me your personal pin cushion. I think I've won 1 knife fight against you out of.....100. Always good games when your on. Enjoy your stay.
Killer_Nubby
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby fatmooseknuckle » 25 Oct 2009, 09:59

well at least i wasn't too far off in pronunciation. always fun to have you around. btw, i have the "wheel of time game". could never really get that into it, not much excitement. i suppose running around dressed as a woman has it's perks, but didn't do it for me in the game. anyways, we'll see you around. i should back on tonight.
fatmooseknuckle

Postby SBD13 » 25 Oct 2009, 10:10

So does that mean I can just call you Lan? :mrgreen:
SBD13
Marshall
Marshall

Postby malkieriking » 25 Oct 2009, 11:49

cableguy619 wrote:And one day I will not pull that damn knife out.. gonna just shoot

Oh you shoot me all the time. You just occasionally forget and decide I should be knifed, which to be fair, works about half the time.

Killer_Nubby wrote:Glad you stopped by "king"......(see, that was easy). Thanks for making me your personal pin cushion. I think I've won 1 knife fight against you out of.....100. Always good games when your on. Enjoy your stay.

Well I think you've won 2 and its been a few less than 100...but I digress. Good games against you and the inevitable squad that rushes to rez you/kill me when I do get you. Hopefully I'll get the opportunity to play with you instead of against you some time. Same goes for Rod; you two always seem to be on the opposite team.

fatmooseknuckle wrote:well at least i wasn't too far off in pronunciation. always fun to have you around. btw, i have the "wheel of time game". could never really get that into it, not much excitement. i suppose running around dressed as a woman has it's perks, but didn't do it for me in the game. anyways, we'll see you around. i should back on tonight.

I never even knew it was a game. Would be kind of hard to make it action packed, given the sheer amount of relevant plot information that would need to go into it. I'll see if I can jump on tonight and knife you a few times :twisted:

SBD13 wrote:So does that mean I can just call you Lan? :mrgreen:

Lol I guess I'm not the only one here to have read the books.

See you on the Battlefield!

=SRS= malkieriking
Tai'shar Malkier
malkieriking
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

Location: Random. I teleport every 15 minutes to keep the aliens from triangulating me.

Postby Gomnadz » 25 Oct 2009, 11:55

very interesting on how you got your name maulkeelshe, see it is not that hard to say. :mrgreen:

now, when I see u cumin at me with ur knife, i'm goin to have to just say "watch out for keelshe" to my squad, cause if I take the time to say your whole name it will take way to long and some poor teammate my lose there tag. :lol:
Gomnadz
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby DDoubleVVision » 25 Oct 2009, 17:04

I think I read the first three books in the series. It just kept going and Jordan kept adding so many new characters I couldn't follow it anymore. Shame that he died and didn't finish the series though, but at least a fellow author will complete the final volume.

I did have the hots for Moiraine Damodred for some reason :D

Moose, was this the game you had? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Wheel_of_Time_Roleplaying_Game
DDoubleVVision
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby playdeaux » 25 Oct 2009, 17:16

I have those "Wheel of Time" books by Jordan but never got into it. I bought them because a friend told me they were good, and I gave them to my dad. He loved them and told me I should read them. I'm more of a Raymond Feist Midkemia fan. I have read all of his series of books, and I have the video game they based on the first series he wrote(Betrayal_at_Krondor). I may build me a Dos machine to play this game again.

playdeaux
TrackBall King
TrackBall King

Postby artisans » 25 Oct 2009, 23:54

Just finished reading the last book in the series that Jordan got out (my second time through the whole series) much better the second time.. and in anticipation for the new book coming out (1st of 3) to be done by the guy Jordans wife selected to finish the series.

I heard the game really didn't have much to do with the series except for it involved Aes Sedai.

Anyways yeah even I said his name wrong and I've read the whole series... as I said Malkier and not Malkieri ;)

Side note.
Lan's a bad ass
artisans
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location: All up in Moose whos all up in Gummie. Runnin a train!

Postby El_Matador » 26 Oct 2009, 01:21

I guess I'm late... I was gonna make a "Lan" reference too. Great sereies if you have the time to read them. I hear the first chapter of the new book (The Gathering storm) is available for download online and released tomorrow 10/27/09.

I never realized the name reference, but do now. Bienvenidos!

El_Matador
1st Lt.
1st Lt.

Postby despys1 » 26 Oct 2009, 08:20

milkyway king you and gomnads will have a lot of fun soon !! muahhaahahaha
titan elite
despys1
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Postby malkieriking » 26 Oct 2009, 10:41

Gomnadz wrote:very interesting on how you got your name maulkeelshe, see it is not that hard to say. :mrgreen:

now, when I see u cumin at me with ur knife, i'm goin to have to just say "watch out for keelshe" to my squad, cause if I take the time to say your whole name it will take way to long and some poor teammate my lose there tag. :lol:

What makes you think they won't lose it anyway? :mrgreen:

DDoubleVVision wrote:I did have the hots for Moiraine Damodred for some reason :D

I must agree. I find it a little confusing, looking at your sig + the =TRR= tags :?: I've browsed through your guy's forums, and I'm starting to fear for my ass whenever I'm running around the Battlefield with Pyren, though the one I really need to watch out for is Gummie :shock:

playdeaux wrote:I have those "Wheel of Time" books by Jordan but never got into it. I bought them because a friend told me they were good, and I gave them to my dad. He loved them and told me I should read them. I'm more of a Raymond Feist Midkemia fan.

Heretic :lol: I never ended up reading those. I always preferred Jordan's world due to the similarities (and differences) from Tolkien's books (still the best series of all time).

artisans wrote:Just finished reading the last book in the series that Jordan got out (my second time through the whole series) much better the second time.. and in anticipation for the new book coming out (1st of 3) to be done by the guy Jordans wife selected to finish the series.
Side note.
Lan's a bad ass

I can't wait either. I'm looking forward to reading the finished series.
Damn right Lan is a badass. Why else do you think that I named my soldier after him? He's my favorite character in the books.

El_Matador wrote:I never realized the name reference, but do now. Bienvenidos!

Gracias matador. Te vere en el campo de batalla! Since I have no idea if you actually speak Spanish; Thanks and see you on the Battlefield!

despys1 wrote:milkyway king you and gomnads will have a lot of fun soon !! muahhaahahaha

He better watch out. He might try to grab something and get his balls chopped off. I carry a knife for a reason :D

=SRS= malkieriking
Tai'shar Malkier
malkieriking
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.

Return to Front and Center