Welcome Anonymous !

Please register or log in to access your forum profile.

Login

Front and Center

Skynite is back....

Introduce yourself here.

Postby skynite » 18 Feb 2011, 00:31

Sup fellas, I see the usual suspects are still gaming as usual. Its been a while for me, but I'm back. Just getting my feet wet, playing some single player trying to catch up on the latest and greatest titles. I see folks are still playing BF2142, a classic, and my all-time favorite. Logged many hours on 2142, mostly with you guys on this forum. Looking forward to joining you guys on TS. Just finished my new pc build, working on fine tuning it a bit more before I really start playing more.

Cable, gom, fatmoose, arti,...what are you guys playing these days. black ops? bf bad company2? 2142?
Any thoughts on Crysis 2?

Anyhow, take care fella's. Hope to join you guys soon

Skynite
skynite
Corporal
Corporal

Postby artisans » 18 Feb 2011, 00:56

Good thoughts on crysis... if they keep the PC up with the consoles..

As for what I've been playing.. mostly work and the occasional magicka.

Tried starcraft multiplayer once... got drunk and raped.

With the release of 1.51 for bf2142 I see many more hours in my future. Strike at Karkand is fucking fabulous even if EU's shit blends in with the grays. Also I like the Assault Lines map they just released to.. can't remember the name.

Either way I've been playing whenever I can.. still sportin TRR and Artisans... so look for that shit :)

Welcome back!

P.S. What kind of build did you go for?
artisans
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Location: All up in Moose whos all up in Gummie. Runnin a train!

Postby fatmooseknuckle » 18 Feb 2011, 08:30

skynite wrote:Cable, gom, fatmoose, arti,...what are you guys playing these days. black ops? bf bad company2? 2142?

bc2 & 2142

artisans wrote:Tried starcraft multiplayer once... got drunk and raped.

that was just a coincidence, and had nothing to do w/ starcraft. btw, i don't think it was rape. you weren't really fighting it, but more so taking it like a champ.
fatmooseknuckle

Postby John Cooke » 18 Feb 2011, 08:46

fatmooseknuckle wrote:
skynite wrote:Cable, gom, fatmoose, arti,...what are you guys playing these days. black ops? bf bad company2? 2142?

bc2 & 2142

artisans wrote:Tried starcraft multiplayer once... got drunk and raped.

that was just a coincidence, and had nothing to do w/ starcraft. btw, i don't think it was rape. you weren't really fighting it, but more so taking it like a champ.

He always takes it like a champ :P
fatmooseknuckle wrote:...if i wanted to get tossed like that, i'd go buy a bottle of ranch dressing and call up gomnadz.
John Cooke
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby skynite » 18 Feb 2011, 10:01

artisans wrote:
Welcome back!

P.S. What kind of build did you go for?

my build... new parts:
i7 950
Rampage III Formula X58
Corsair H70 cpu cooler
12gb GSkill ram DDR3 2000
Radeon 6970 Crossfire
Revodrive X2 Pci-X SSD drive 160GB
LG BD writer 10X
Cosmos S case (reclaimed from my old system)
Cooler master 1000watt PSU (also reclaimed from old system)

Waiting for a thermaltake hot swap raid box to come in so I can mount my 4 sata drives in a raid 5 configuration.
2 Noctua 120mm case fans came in yesterday to replace the stock fans on the H70 which are rather loud. Goal is to have a decent overclock on the machine yet have it be relatively quiet. Not having a system for a while has made me appreciate the quite times with my laptop.

You might be thinking, what happened to my last build. Well my EVGA nforce 780i motherboard died and I had very little success with EVGA support. Needless to say I wont be buying anymore EVGA cards or boards again. In fact, I sold my two EVGA 8800GTX Sli shortly after.

I haven't began to overclock the rampage III yet. Thinking of purchasing an overclocking station from ASUS. The overclock station will let me overclock on the fly without entering the bios. I can set different profiles, for gaming with fans and voltages at max settings and for quite operations. I think the ability to down clock the system without rebooting will be a handy feature.

Oh btw, my previous build could not play crysis on my 30" 2650 X 1600 monitor without lowering the details and lowering the resolution. So I shelved Crysis and waited until now to play it and boy was I impressed with the game and graphics. And I haven't even overclocked my system. Makes me think, should I even try to overclock? My system can pretty much handle everything right now.

I've heard good things about the new Crysis 2 game. Looking forward to playing that.
skynite
Corporal
Corporal

Postby cableguy619 » 18 Feb 2011, 10:04

so you are saying you did not egister your components in a timely manor like most people? I have never had an issues with any RMA stuff :)

People who have issues are the ones who failed to read the warranty crap. just saying, I hate seeing blame others for something they failed to do on their end :)

cableguy619
Admin
Admin

Postby skynite » 18 Feb 2011, 11:37

cableguy619 wrote:so you are saying you did not egister your components in a timely manor like most people? I have never had an issues with any RMA stuff :)

People who have issues are the ones who failed to read the warranty crap. just saying, I hate seeing blame others for something they failed to do on their end :)

not the case my friend. I registered all my products with EVGA and every other manufacturer that I've used. I've been a loyal EVGA customer, had two motherboards from them 680i and 780i. Bought their videos cards as well, 2 8800gtx cards.
my 780i board failed on me and they rma'ed it but returned it saying that a pin was bend on the CPU socket. They even took pictures of it and send it to me. Now I handle all my stuff very carefully but they accused me of sending them the board with the damage. I pleaded with them, stated that the board was working fine until the failure. Never once did I replace the CPU that could have caused a problem with the socket. They must have done it on their end when they tested it. For a big company to tell me that I caused the problem and then ship the product back without fixing it, well that was all I could take from them. They probably paid more in shipping then it would have cost them to replace the board. I told them that I was a loyal customer and they pulled up my registrations and saw that I've bought many products from them yet still they couldn't make me whole. I basically told them you lost a customer for a $50 board (what I'm assuming it cost them to produce) after I've spend $1000's on their stuff.

Looking at EVGA products now, they seem to be offering shitty warranties with all their stuff. I bought my current radeon 6970's from XFX, they come with double lifetime warranty. The comparable 570gtx from EVGA only has a 3 year warranty. Even Sparkle offers a better warranty then they do. I've RMA'ed a Sparkle 9800GT from them and they were a pleasure to work with. I bought the sparkle 9800gt from a friend and it died shortly after, they never asked for an invoice or cared when I bought it, they just replaced it.
skynite
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Gomnadz » 18 Feb 2011, 12:12

cableguy619 wrote:I have never had an issues with getting my stuff RAM:)

hi cable!

on a side note Skynite, WHAT UP!!!!!

that really sucks to hear about ur MB issue with EVGA, it's no fun dealing with any RMA in general but it does happen unfortunately. If that is the case I would report them to the BBB

Oh yeah, nice rig u got there
Gomnadz
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby skynite » 18 Feb 2011, 12:28

Gomnadz wrote:
cableguy619 wrote:I have never had an issues with getting my stuff RAM:)

hi cable!

on a side note Skynite, WHAT UP!!!!!

that really sucks to hear about ur MB issue with EVGA, it's no fun dealing with any RMA in general but it does happen unfortunately. If that is the case I would report them to the BBB

Oh yeah, nice rig u got there

thanks Gom, getting screwed by EVGA gave me an excuse to build a new rig. hehe.

BTW, what have you been playing these days? I'm thinking about playing some 2142 or black ops. Not really liking bad company much, they messed up my medic kit. I haven't bought black ops yet, but if most folks in this clan are playing it then I might consider getting it.

When it comes to talented skilled players, this clan and some of the players that frequent this forum is where it's at. Others don't really provide a challenge :D
skynite
Corporal
Corporal

Postby Gomnadz » 18 Feb 2011, 12:58

other than playing with hof little peanuts and spanking arti ass checks, been playing league of gayness..... been a while since i played bc2 or bf2142 but need to reinstall the games after i reformat but dont feel like reformating my HD
Gomnadz
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby Hoflich » 18 Feb 2011, 13:24

Gomnadz wrote:other than playing with hof little peanuts and spanking arti ass checks, been playing league of gayness..... been a while since i played bc2 or bf2142 but need to reinstall the games after i reformat but dont feel like reformating my HD

LOL GOMZ... these peanuts will loosen your butthole and tickle your prostate, not what you're used to but it keeps you happy and smiling. :P
Starcraft II Character Code: Hoflich #482
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1286677/1/Hoflich/

BFBC2/Viet-Fucking Nam

Hoflich
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby Gomnadz » 18 Feb 2011, 14:19

Hoflich wrote:
Gomnadz wrote:other than playing with hof little peanuts and spanking arti ass checks, been playing league of gayness..... been a while since i played bc2 or bf2142 but need to reinstall the games after i reformat but dont feel like reformating my HD

LOL GOMZ... these peanuts will loosen your butthole and tickle your prostate, not what you're used to but it keeps you happy and smiling. :P

dam hoff, i'll squash those peanuts with my tight butt cheeks that feel they are made of steel! :D
but they do tickle! :P
Gomnadz
Field Marshall
Field Marshall

Postby RodAlmighty » 18 Feb 2011, 14:23

I miss you, though, tired of getting a positive score.
RodAlmighty
Colonel
Colonel

Postby cableguy619 » 18 Feb 2011, 14:26

skynite wrote:
cableguy619 wrote:so you are saying you did not egister your components in a timely manor like most people? I have never had an issues with any RMA stuff :)

not the case my friend. I registered all my products with EVGA and every other manufacturer that I've used. I've been a loyal EVGA customer, had two motherboards from them 680i and 780i. Bought their videos cards as well, 2 8800gtx cards.
my 780i board failed on me and they rma'ed it but returned it saying that a pin was bend on the CPU socket. They even took pictures of it and send it to me. Now I handle all my stuff very carefully but they accused me of sending them the board with the damage. I pleaded with them, stated that the board was working fine until the failure. Never once did I replace the CPU that could have caused a problem with the socket. They must have done it on their end when they tested it. For a big company to tell me that I caused the problem and then ship the product back without fixing it, well that was all I could take from them. They probably paid more in shipping then it would have cost them to replace the board. I told them that I was a loyal customer and they pulled up my registrations and saw that I've bought many products from them yet still they couldn't make me whole. I basically told them you lost a customer for a $50 board (what I'm assuming it cost them to produce) after I've spend $1000's on their stuff.

Looking at EVGA products now, they seem to be offering shitty warranties with all their stuff. I bought my current radeon 6970's from XFX, they come with double lifetime warranty. The comparable 570gtx from EVGA only has a 3 year warranty. Even Sparkle offers a better warranty then they do. I've RMA'ed a Sparkle 9800GT from them and they were a pleasure to work with. I bought the sparkle 9800gt from a friend and it died shortly after, they never asked for an invoice or cared when I bought it, they just replaced it.

Then you did not try hard enough - post in the public forums.. BTW they do offer good warranties as a consumer you need to pay attention to what is being offered as lifetime and shorttime. I only by the lifetime products

If you pay the 20-40 bucks cheaper for the 3 yr warranty card that isnt their fault. Again all my parts from EVGA are AR which are lifetime. most buyers by what look slike a better deal so just to clarify EVGA offers the 570 at a lifetime warranty :)...and what u pay for an item is what u r willign to pay. sorry u have had issues with evga, I have been more than happy.

cableguy619
Admin
Admin

Postby cableguy619 » 18 Feb 2011, 14:29

Your facts are wrong BTW for warranties.... just being straight on your perception of only offering limited warranties which they offer both

so after looking at EVGA and some ATI cards they do that damn same thing. Some cards have Lifetime some have partial.. lol be carefull on what u buy

cableguy619
Admin
Admin

Next

Return to Front and Center