Welcome Anonymous !

Please register or log in to access your forum profile.

Login

Front and Center

NoC-Devon

Introduce yourself here.

Postby NoC-Devon » 29 Mar 2011, 16:57

Ok..
My tag is NoC-Devon and my name is Rob. Been playing fps since Delta Force, have been in alot of leagues, basically Im really old but love playing.
Found your server and runs really well, has a lot of good players in it, not a whole lot of bitching.

I tend to lean towards servers with little to no rules, as was pretty much has no rules (for the most part)

I was in your server on Tuesday, pretty much all day and at about 6:20 I tagged a helo from its spawn and was going to wait (outside of spawn) for it to fly off and shoot it down. As soon as I tagged it, I was shot then kicked.

What I am trying to find out, and this is not just towards your server but towards a majority of servers out there. Remember that the TRR server IS one of the best servers I have found yet. A good mix of rush and conquest, will a good mix of maps and NO Heavy Metal.. thats a good thing.

I think we would all agree that the game is about winning the round, not about individual kills or streaks, right?
If I see that a helo is turning the tides towards the opposition, then I would like to be able to do whatever it takes to get that thing out of the air. Now, when the military strikes wherever, the first thing that they strike is the airfield, the point to gain control of the air. Does this not apply to this game?

Anyway... just wanted to vent a little
NoC-Devon
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 16:26

Postby cableguy619 » 29 Mar 2011, 18:05

Noc.. I wasnt there but pretty much only thing we dont allow beside hating cheaters is uncap motor attacks or camping inside an uncapable base.

We try to keep the game fair and competitive not one sided and a camp fest.

At times when hell is breaking loose and 1st site of someone doing something wrong is just a swift kick. it happens and is intended for the person to get the message. no harm intended....
Image

Image
User avatar
cableguy619
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: 27 Aug 2004, 06:54
Location: TK-ing my Teammates you know Dis!!!

Postby Rook619 » 29 Mar 2011, 18:26

I am the one that kicked you. I warned you previous round not to enter the uncaps as I saw you trying to run in, but someone shot you before you could enter. The round ended shortly after that. The next round GreenTurd(L) stated that someone was in the uncap. I am the one that shot you inside the uncap the round you got kicked. Sorry you got upset about it. But I agree with Cable about the rules.

Anyways, game on....
Image
User avatar
Rook619
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 15:30

Postby cableguy619 » 29 Mar 2011, 18:34

Rook619 wrote:I am the one that kicked you. I warned you previous round not to enter the uncaps as I saw you trying to run in, but someone shot you before you could enter. The round ended shortly after that. The next round GreenTurd(L) stated that someone was in the uncap. I am the one that shot you inside the uncap the round you got kicked. Sorry you got upset about it. But I agree with Cable about the rules.

Anyways, game on....



lol and I think we have kicked rook for the same thing :) before he was TRR lol
Image

Image
User avatar
cableguy619
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: 27 Aug 2004, 06:54
Location: TK-ing my Teammates you know Dis!!!

Postby Rook619 » 29 Mar 2011, 19:17

Kicked, banned, killed, teabagged, tracered, tk'd, knifed... and a few other colorful things... :P
Image
User avatar
Rook619
2nd Lt.
2nd Lt.
 
Posts: 180
Joined: 16 Apr 2010, 15:30

Postby NoC-Devon » 29 Mar 2011, 19:25

ok, well all is good now.
I didn't see any warnings as I was not watching the chat board when I am bieng shot at.. go figure.

I am a very very tactical player, I couldn't tell you how many times I have been kicked from servers in BF2 and BFBC2.

In Battlefield I would sit outside of the airfield and watch the planes.. if the planes would sit there, i wouldnt shoot anyone. I dont care if there were a group of six guys waiting for the planes I would not kill anyone.. unless they jumped in a plane, then I would fire a rocket to kill the plane. My job was to keep the air free of anything that could dominate a map and believe me a good pilot in a J10 was very very hard to kill when it was in the air. So. I shot it before it became and issue and 90% of the time the team I was on would win.
Same with Bad Company, if there is a helo mopping things up, I would make my way to the spawn, tag it before it lifted off then shoot it once it did lift, or I would wait just ouside the spawn with a clear site of the chopper and shoot it with a rocket if someone jumped in it.

Is that allowed?
I mean no harm if I am watching spawn, I dont shoot people who spawn, thats not my intention. Hell I got screamed at by someone in my squad who spawned on me then watched as I let a tank out of spawn. He couldn't believe that I just let it leave. Well, I cant kill it with one rocket, and if that rocket does hit him he's going to find me and probably shoot me in the face. Thats not my intention. Again, my intention is to control airspace and if its a tank map, then I am going to control the armor and believe me I can control it and change a map all on my own... but usually at the expense of bieng kicked.
Its sad really that games have become so... individual. Noone really cares if thier team wins or looses, as long as they have a good score. SAD
NoC-Devon
Recruit
Recruit
 
Posts: 2
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 16:26

Postby For$aken » 29 Mar 2011, 19:25

I die and get lost a lot but never kicked...oh yeah..I bought Arma2 yesterday....I truly think I have gone crazy.
Image
User avatar
For$aken
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 729
Joined: 21 Jan 2009, 08:45

Postby cableguy619 » 29 Mar 2011, 19:46

fortunately bc2 was built for squad play... majority off TRR are from 2142 and earlier series which was a bit more squad based. Only way we get squad based play is by joining in TS and it gets load lol...


As long as your not in the uncap or morating it as an enemy its pretty much all game. Rook is notorius for leaving mines outside an uncap.....DICK!! lol meant for Rook

All in all we are a bunch of old guys who want to play, run a clean and competitive server. Thats the initiative and the game is already a headache code wise, but the phone really is in the TS chatter and game play..

very crude humor in TS :)

You may annoy players leaving mines or shooting them as they leave the uncap in a tank, but really thats all free game
Image

Image
User avatar
cableguy619
Admin
Admin
 
Posts: 6584
Joined: 27 Aug 2004, 06:54
Location: TK-ing my Teammates you know Dis!!!

Postby Byrdor » 31 Mar 2011, 18:42

cableguy619 wrote:All in all we are a bunch of old guys who want to play, run a clean and competitive server. Thats the initiative and the game is already a headache code wise, but the phone really is in the TS chatter and game play..


I don't know if *that* is entirely true. :P
I look forward to knifing you in TRR servers NoC! :D
Image
User avatar
Byrdor
1st Lt.
1st Lt.
 
Posts: 247
Joined: 27 Jul 2010, 10:51

Postby SwissCh33z3 » 02 Apr 2011, 00:28

Sup Devon.. SwissCh33z3 here.. I see you alot in the TRR servers and im sure you have seen me too since you seem to play at the odd hours like me... many times when there are no TRR guys playing to regulate the server.. this is one sick bunch of gays here... :shock: :shock: ooops.. i mean.. one sick bunch of GUYS.. but there are only 3 rules and they scroll regularly.. and irregardless of whether or not you were warned, if you have been playing fps's since DF.. you should know to read the rules.. and even though i am not a TRR member, im sure you have seen me talking shit to players who dont respect/follow the rules in the server... but in your defense i have seen and played with you and i havent witnessed anything but good gameplay and teamwork in the server.. .. nice to see you stop by though and say hello to these fellas.. they are a lonely bunch and take it any way they can get it!! :twisted: but with a name like "TeamRamRod".. would you have expected anything different?? nice seeing you outside the game.. these guys are way cool..

cheeeeeeeze out

on a side note: i kept reading about cableguys horrible typing but never got to see it first hand till now.. and the worst part is the mispelling's arent really that.. they are different words altogether with completely different meanings?? cryptoguy619 would be appropriate? LOL *smooooch* me luv you long time cg !
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
SwissCh33z3
PFC
PFC
 
Posts: 19
Joined: 15 Nov 2010, 16:36
Location: Dago, Cali

Postby SBD13 » 02 Apr 2011, 08:42

SwissCh33z3 wrote:on a side note: i kept reading about cableguys horrible typing but never got to see it first hand till now.. and the worst part is the mispelling's arent really that.. they are different words altogether with completely different meanings?? cryptoguy619 would be appropriate? LOL *smooooch* me luv you long time cg !


You're referring to the above quotes, I presume? Oh man cheese, you ain't seen nothing yet! msot fo hte imte eh tpyes ilke htis!
Image
Image
User avatar
SBD13
Marshall
Marshall
 
Posts: 900
Joined: 05 May 2009, 21:02

Postby Hoflich » 04 Apr 2011, 09:02

NoC-Devon wrote:ok, well all is good now.
I didn't see any warnings as I was not watching the chat board when I am bieng shot at.. go figure.

I am a very very tactical player, I couldn't tell you how many times I have been kicked from servers in BF2 and BFBC2.

In Battlefield I would sit outside of the airfield and watch the planes.. if the planes would sit there, i wouldnt shoot anyone. I dont care if there were a group of six guys waiting for the planes I would not kill anyone.. unless they jumped in a plane, then I would fire a rocket to kill the plane. My job was to keep the air free of anything that could dominate a map and believe me a good pilot in a J10 was very very hard to kill when it was in the air. So. I shot it before it became and issue and 90% of the time the team I was on would win.
Same with Bad Company, if there is a helo mopping things up, I would make my way to the spawn, tag it before it lifted off then shoot it once it did lift, or I would wait just ouside the spawn with a clear site of the chopper and shoot it with a rocket if someone jumped in it.

Is that allowed?
I mean no harm if I am watching spawn, I dont shoot people who spawn, thats not my intention. Hell I got screamed at by someone in my squad who spawned on me then watched as I let a tank out of spawn. He couldn't believe that I just let it leave. Well, I cant kill it with one rocket, and if that rocket does hit him he's going to find me and probably shoot me in the face. Thats not my intention. Again, my intention is to control airspace and if its a tank map, then I am going to control the armor and believe me I can control it and change a map all on my own... but usually at the expense of bieng kicked.
Its sad really that games have become so... individual. Noone really cares if thier team wins or looses, as long as they have a good score. SAD


Hello Devon.

I believe I kicked you for being in the enemy uncap, and we talked a little on comms. We usually warn people or "yell" to STAY THE FUCK OUT OF UNCAPS. but that day I was sick and tired of the same bullshit from other players so I gave no more warnings.

Nothing personal, just some Admin abuse FTW!!! :P

Anyway... we have very few rules, and as you probably notice we allow shit talk and some profanity on the server too as long as it doesn't get to personal insults and incessant whinning and asshattery.

So basically... Team killers, Entering the Uncap, and Admin disrespect is dealt with some good old fashion Admin Abuse.

BTW. I used to play DF and DFBHD too, don't believe I ever joined a clan but I used to play a lot with -UD guys.

Take care and see you in the game. :D

Höff.
Starcraft II Character Code: Hoflich #482
Image
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/1286677/1/Hoflich/
Image

BFBC2/Viet-Fucking Nam
Image

2142
Image
User avatar
Hoflich
Field Marshall
Field Marshall
 
Posts: 2143
Joined: 29 Sep 2009, 12:55

Postby RodAlmighty » 04 Apr 2011, 15:56

NoC-Devon wrote:ok, well all is good now.
I didn't see any warnings as I was not watching the chat board when I am bieng shot at.. go figure.

I am a very very tactical player, I couldn't tell you how many times I have been kicked from servers in BF2 and BFBC2.

In Battlefield I would sit outside of the airfield and watch the planes.. if the planes would sit there, i wouldnt shoot anyone. I dont care if there were a group of six guys waiting for the planes I would not kill anyone.. unless they jumped in a plane, then I would fire a rocket to kill the plane. My job was to keep the air free of anything that could dominate a map and believe me a good pilot in a J10 was very very hard to kill when it was in the air. So. I shot it before it became and issue and 90% of the time the team I was on would win.
Same with Bad Company, if there is a helo mopping things up, I would make my way to the spawn, tag it before it lifted off then shoot it once it did lift, or I would wait just ouside the spawn with a clear site of the chopper and shoot it with a rocket if someone jumped in it.

Is that allowed?
I mean no harm if I am watching spawn, I dont shoot people who spawn, thats not my intention. Hell I got screamed at by someone in my squad who spawned on me then watched as I let a tank out of spawn. He couldn't believe that I just let it leave. Well, I cant kill it with one rocket, and if that rocket does hit him he's going to find me and probably shoot me in the face. Thats not my intention. Again, my intention is to control airspace and if its a tank map, then I am going to control the armor and believe me I can control it and change a map all on my own... but usually at the expense of bieng kicked.
Its sad really that games have become so... individual. Noone really cares if thier team wins or looses, as long as they have a good score. SAD


TL;DR
Image
User avatar
RodAlmighty
Colonel
Colonel
 
Posts: 763
Joined: 29 Aug 2008, 19:08

Postby Gomnadz » 04 Apr 2011, 17:34

RodAlmighty wrote:TL;DR



is this a (from part 4) -4. A very cheap response and an indication of lack of wit. from Rod
:lol:
User avatar
Gomnadz
Field Marshall
Field Marshall
 
Posts: 3349
Joined: 28 Feb 2009, 12:28
Location: Anaheim

Postby fatmooseknuckle » 04 Apr 2011, 18:09

Gomnadz wrote:
RodAlmighty wrote:TL;DR



is this a (from part 4) -4. A very cheap response and an indication of lack of wit. from Rod
:lol:

i had no idea wtf rod was talking about. usually, it's because i can't make out the the words over the gurgling sound. this time, my dick wasn't even in his mouth. really had me confused...
Image
User avatar
fatmooseknuckle
Moderator
Moderator
 
Posts: 9982
Joined: 13 Dec 2005, 21:16
Location: Anisville


Return to Front and Center

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron